This Sunday, May 12th, is Mother’s Day! For some, it is the day where you get to make reservations at that 5 star restaurant you have been eyeballing all year. For others, it is as simple as putting together a thoughtful brunch at home, potentially served in bed.
We have compiled a guide for an easy and healthy Mother’s Day Brunch. Continue reading to see some of our favorite recipes!
While you’re in the kitchen preparing the brunch food, you can easily entertain your mother with a beverage or two. Start off the morning with a cup of coffee and follow with this bubbly Raspberry Bellini.
RASPBERRY SORBET BELLINI
- 1 bottle Pink Moscato, Prosecco, or Champagne, chilled
- 1 pint raspberry sorbet
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- Place 1-2 small scoops of raspberry sorbet in the bottom of each Champagne flute.
- Carefully pour the Pink Moscato over the top of the sorbet.
- Top each drink off with 2-3 fresh raspberries and serve.
*Serving an expecting mother? Substitute the alcohol for sparkling water for a refreshing mocktail.
THE MAIN COURSE (THE NIGHT BEFORE)
Running around the kitchen trying to prepare an extravagant brunch is no way to spend Mother’s Day. Save time, and stress, by preparing this delicious egg bake the night before!
BAKED EGGS WITH VEGGIES
Recipe from Primavera Kitchen
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onions — diced
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato — diced
- 1 cup turnip — diced
- 1 ½ zucchini — diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes can with the juice
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce — whole30 friendly
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of chile pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Green onions for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large pan, add olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are brown. Stir frequently.
- Add sweet potato and turnip. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, diced tomato, and tomato sauce.
- Cook until veggies are tender. If necessary, add water to help to cook the veggies.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly in the greased baking dish (casserole dish).
- With the back of a large spoon, make three indentations in the veggies mixture.
- Crack 1 large egg into each indentation, keeping the yolk intact.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the eggs whites are set. ( At this point, you can store in the refrigerator and bake in the morning!)
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions
No good brunch can end without a sweet treat to top it off! Serve this at the end of the brunch and it will put a smile on her face.
STRAWBERRY COCONUT CHIA PUDDING
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp agave nectar — or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine the chia seeds and coconut milk together. Stir very well to avoid any chunks.
- Add the agave and vanilla extract. Mix everything very well.
- Using a plastic wrap, cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.
- When the chia pudding is ready to be served, puree the strawberries in a food processor.
- Mix the pureed strawberry and chia pudding together.
- In small glasses (or dessert dishes), pour the chia pudding and top with coconut flakes and strawberries.
This year, make that mom in your life feel special and wow her with a fantastic brunch. For more great recipes, click here.